Pelvi-perineological and uro-gynaecological osteopathy
Pelvi-perineological and uro-gynaecological osteopathy deals with functional disorders related to the genital, urinary, and ano-rectal spheres.
The indications are as follows:
– chronic pelvic, hip, and perineal pain (including pudendalgia)
– irregular menstrual cycle, premenstrual syndrome, or pain during menstruation – coccygodynia and pubalgia
– bladder or perineal disorders (urinary or faecal incontinence, urinary urgency, difficulty in urinating or defecating)
– inflammatory disorders and/or recurrent infections (cystitis, mycosis, chronic prostatitis)
– some prostate or testicular pain, anal pain
– reproductive disorders without organic etiology
– pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia)
– endometriosis-related pain.
The treatment consists of the mobilisation, through the vaginal and rectal route, of the muscular structures of the perineum, the attachment system of the uterus, the bladder, the prostate, the ligaments, and the coccyx, with the aim of restoring better local vascularisation and neurological information, and a better muscular and ligamentary balance, with the aim of restoring the functions of the pelvis and the small pelvis, namely defecation, micturition, reproduction, and sexuality.